Loan Request Service
Borrowing privileges for circulating books and other library resources applies to duly registered library users ONLY. While circulating books are available for open shelf retrievals, books in closed access areas are available for users who wishes to use such materials within the library. There are two categories of loan: short-term loan and long-term loan.
LONG TERM LOAN
All circulating resources are available for long term loan.
Interlibrary loan is available for both print and electronic materials.
short TERM LOAN
Resources available for short-term loan include: Reserved Book Room collection, Journals and other Periodicals, Reference Materials, Audio-Visual Collection, Theses and Dissertations, Archival and Special Collections, Government Publications and Newspapers, Past Examination Question Papers, and Laptop.
Our library provides in-person and e-reference services through Chat-A-Librarian live chat; Email and Zoom virtual meetings. To schedule zoom virtual meeting, please contact the Reference Librarian on the phone number 09063969206 or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The library offers help through the Chat-a-Librarian service where patrons have access to librarians’ help real time through a virtual chat. The link to the service is available on https://library.unilag.edu.ng/library- news/item/28-whatsapp-a-librarian The hours for the Chat-a-Librarian service is Monday - Friday (except on holidays): 9am - 6pm. The turnaround time for response to any enquiry is 4 hours.
Request library materials - from books (up to 20%), periodicals to special collections - and we will digitize and send by email.
Scans are delivered within five (5) working days.
Support for Users with Disabilities
The University Library renders inclusive library services to users with disabilities. Our service offering
- Provision of assistive tools on students’ personal devices
- Scan and convert course materials to braille or audio
- Transcription and conversion of resources to accessible format
- Editing of materials in accessible formats
- Research Assistance (For in-depth research assistance, students are expected to book appointment with the
Reference/Faculty Liaison Librarians.
- Reader Assistance (reading citation, abstracts, and other materials)
- Continuous library orientation and information literacy programme
- Extended loan periods
- Provision of document delivery service
- Provision of appropriate accommodation (a Visually Impaired Resource Centre)
- Provision of ramps for users on wheel chair.
The University Library has a well-established bindery that offers high standard binding services to staff, students, academic departments and private clients.